News from the Innovation Office:
EXODIAB/LUDC-IRC has made available up to 200 000 SEK/project for Innovation projects. The money can be used freely to accelerate your project towards utilization/commercialization, but is usually used to strengthen technical proof of principle. The Innovation Board who decides on allocation, convenes two-three times/year. Next opportunity to present your project will be in May (exact date will be communicated shortly. The Innovation Board consists of internal members, i.e. scientists from LUDC and external members who have experience from working in the pharma and medtech industry. The process is that a group member presents the project to the Innovation Board and receives feed-back. The external members of the Innovation Board will then decide on allocate funding in a closed forum, to ensure a non-biased process.
Critera for funding:
- A clear unmet medical need
- Novelty, uniqueness scientific content, validation and developability
- Commerical potential of the proposed project
- Potential to generate IP
- Relevance of the development plan and feasibility to complete the proposed project activities within one year
- Probability that the funding will yield important new information, technology or service able to warrant extramural funding
- Qualifications of PI and collaborators and multidisciplinary team members
If you are interested in applying for funding please contact Annie (annie [dot] chandy [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se) at the Innovation Office. Presentation slides should be prepared no later than two weeks before the meeting. The Innovation Office will help you in the preparation.