WP6 - Moderate Obesity-related Diabetes (MOD) - mechanisms & pathways
Nils Wierup and Olga Göransson
- To identify targetable mechanisms and pathways underlying initiation and progression of MOD.
- Strict diet explains metabolic effect of gastric bypass surgery, 2020 https://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/article/strict-diet-explains-metabolic-effect-gastric-bypass-surgery
- Herzog K et al. Metabolic Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery: Is It All About Calories? Diabetes 2020 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32527768/
- Lindqvist A et al. Ghrelin suppresses insulin secretion in human islets and type 2 diabetes patients have diminished islet ghrelin cell number and lower plasma ghrelin levels. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2020 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32371087/
- Negoita F et al. JUP/plakoglobin is regulated by salt-inducible kinase 2, and is required for insulin-induced signalling and glucose uptake in adipocytes. Cell Signal. 2020 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32966883/
- Axling U et al. Increased whole body energy expenditure and protection against diet-induced obesity in Cyp8b1-deficient mice is accompanied by altered adipose tissue features. Adipocyte. 2020 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33016185/