Tanja Stocks, Associate researcher
PhD, Umeå University, Sweden, June 2009. title: Metabolic factors and cancer risk; prospective studies on prostate cancer, colorectal cancer and cancer overall.
BSc in Dietetics, Umeå University, Sweden, 2002
BSc in Sports Pedagogics, Umeå University, Sweden, 2002
Associate researcher at Lund University, Dept of Clinical Sciences in Malmö, Diabetes and cardiovascular disease - genetic epidemiology. Feb 2014 - present
Previous academic positions
Postdoc. Umeå university, Dept of Surgical and Perioperative Sceinces, Urology and Andrology. Topic: Metabolic risk factors and cancer risk. July 2009 - Jan 2014
Postdoc. Institute of Preventive Medicine, Frederiksberg, Denmark. Topic: Gene-diet interatcitons in obesity. Sept 2010 - April 2013
Postdoc. Amsterdam Free University, Institute of Health Sceinces, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Topic: Chi8ldhood growth and subsequent obesity. Oct 2009 - July 2010
Cancer epidemiology, in particular metabolic and genetic risk factors in relation to risk and prognosis of cancer. Diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases; their determinants and their associations with risk of cancer.
Metabolic factors and risk for various cancers in the Metabolic Syndrome and Cancer project (Me-Can) (PI) Me-Can
Mendelian randomization studies of lipids and cancer risk in the Malmö Diet and Cancer Study
Metabolic factors, genetic variants and risk and prognosis of cancers of the prostate and urinary bladder using several Swedish cohorts and national registries.
Swedish Research Council (2016-2018)
Nordic Cancer Union (2017)
Crafoord Foundation (2017-2018)
MAS Cancer Foundation (2017)
Fifty-one publications indexed in PubMed, H-factor 21 (Sept 2017).
Orho-Melander M, Hindy G, Borgquist S, Schulz CA, Manjer J, Melander O, Stocks T. Blood lipid genetic scores, the HMGCR gene, and cancer risk: a Mendelian randomization study. Int J Epidemiol, Nov 2017.
Stocks T, Bjørge T, Ulmer H, Manjer J, Häggström C, Nagel G, Engeland A, Johansen D, Hallmans G, Selmer R, Concin H, Tretli S, Jonsson H, Stattin P. Metabolic risk score and cancer risk: pooled analysis of seven cohorts. Int J Epidemiol, 2015;44(4):1353-63.
Stocks T, Ängquist L, Hager J, Charon C, Holst C, Martinez JA, Saris WH, Astrup A, Sørensen TIA, Larsen LH. TFAP2B-dietary protein and glycemic index interactions and weight maintenance after weight loss in the DiOGenes trial. Hum Hered, 2013;75(2-4):213-9.
Stocks T, Van Hemelrijck M, Manjer J, Bjørge T, Ulmer H, Hallmans G, Lindkvist B, Selmer R, Nagel G, Tretli S, Concin H, Engeland A, Jonsson H, Stattin P. Blood pressure and risk of cancer incidence and mortality in the Metabolic syndrome and Cancer project (Me-Can). Hypertension, 2012;59(4):802-10.
Stocks T, Renders CM, Bulk-Bunschoten AMW, Hirasing RA, van Buuren S, Seidell JC. Body size and growth in 0-4 year old children and the relation to body size in primary school age. Obesity Reviews, 2011;12(8):637-52.
Stocks T, Lukanova A, Bjørge T, Ulmer H, Manjer J, Almquist M, Concin H, Engeland A, Hallmans G, Nagel G, Tretli S, Veierød MB, Jonsson H, Stattin P. Metabolic factors and the risk of colorectal cancer in 580,000 men and women in the metabolic syndrome and cancer project (Me-Can). Cancer, 2011;117(11):2398-407.
Stocks T, Rapp K, Bjørge T, Manjer J, Ulmer H, Selmer R, Lukanova A, Johansen D, Concin H, Tretli S, Hallmans G, Jonsson H, Stattin P. Blood glucose and risk of incident and fatal cancer in the Metabolic syndrome and Cancer project (Me-Can). PLoS Medicine. 2009;6(12):e1000201.
Retrieved from Lund University's publications database
- A century of trends in adult human height
- Apo-lipoproteins, lipids and risk of cancer.
- Interpretation of conventional survival analysis and competing risk analysis : An example of hypertension and prostate cancer
- γ-Glutamyltransferase and Breast Cancer Risk Beyond Alcohol Consumption and Other Life Style Factors - A Pooled Cohort Analysis.
- Alcohol consumption and the risk of renal cancers in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition (EPIC)
- Determinants of the t(14;18) translocation and their role in t(14;18)-positive follicular lymphoma.
- Dietary intake of acrylamide and epithelial ovarian cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) cohort.
- Inverse relationship between a genetic risk score of 31 BMI loci and weight change before and after reaching middle age.
- Metabolic risk score and cancer risk: pooled analysis of seven cohorts.